Saturday, July 25, 2009

Common Utility Tunnels in Iran

I have collected some information about common utility tunnel in my country (Iran) and all over the world; however I’m sure there are more utility tunnels that is constructed around the world. There are several common utility tunnels in Taiwan, Malaysia, Netherlands, USA, Japan, and Australia that I have found in the internet. Although I have not found more countries that use common utility tunnel or at least I could not find them in the internet. Also unfortunately there is no website that contains statistics or information of world’s utility tunnels.

Below you can see a table that contains a little information about Common Utility Tunnels in Iran. I collect this information from official websites.

NO.

Common Utility Tunnels in Iran

Status

Length

Dimension

1

Amirolmomenin Boulevard , Mashhad

Constructed

1.2 km

3m width × 2m height

2

Azadegan Express way, Tehran

Under construction

5.24 km

-

3

Locale 22, Tehran

Stopped

5 km

-

4

Oroumieh

Not constructed, just act is passed

-

-

5

Pardis Technology Park, Tehran

Constructed

3 km

-

6

Imam Khomeini International Airport, Tehran

Constructed

4.8 km

4m width×3m height

7

Cultural Center of Islamic Republic of Iran,Tehran

Constructed

400 m

3.1m width×2.5m height

8

Central Bank of Iran, Tehran

Constructed

200 m

4.2m width×3.5m height

9

Mosalla-ye Imam Khomeini, Tehran

Constructed

330 m

2.5m width

10

Baharestan New town, Isfahan

Constructed

-

-

11

Tunnels of Local Electric Company, Tehran

Constructed

-

-

Now, I want to ask a question. Do you have information about Common Utility Tunnel in your country?

In my next post I will write more about Common Utility Tunnel (CUT) of those countries that I named in this post. Please comment on this blog or send whatever you know about common utility tunnel to my email address.

1 comment: