Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Utility Tunnel Alternatives

Note: In my last post I mentioned some of information included in this post but I had a plan to ask you a question with addressing these information, so stay with me.
Some advantages of utility tunnels are:

• Reduced road digging costs that involve traffic, road restoration difficulties and safety hazards.
• Reduced maintenance costs
• Reduced energy losses
• Utilization of public ground
• Better use of resources
• Knowledge about the utilities
• Monitoring and control
• Lower material and pipeline costs
• Encourage mid and long-range thinking
• Improved public safety
and perhaps more ....
but we know that this method have it's difficulties which are:
• Initial costs
• Coordination of authorities
• Complex design
• Tunnel management
• Security
I'm investigeting ot find new alternative methods for utility accommodation and transportation.
some conventional methods like Trenching & Joint Trenching are somehow possible to be alternative for utility tunnel.I know that Underground Utility Tunnels are an alternative and progressive measure that solves the problems that exist in the conventional method,but I want to ask you a question:
Is there any alternative for utility tunnels which can reduce digging and has lower initial costs?

1 comment:

  1. I think utility tunnel is the best method and thereby no method is more perfect than it

    ReplyDelete